Q2 Feature List
With the Q2 Update coming this July, it's time again to reveal what we're working on. This update will largely focus on the off-track managerial experience, revising existing features, making the most of their potential and encouraging a varied approach to tasks. And of course, mobile support for the iGP Manager website.
The new car design system and supplier variations will generate the most noticeable change in approach to a season. To help managers stay informed about the inner workings of their team the improved notifications system will continually notify of key information and events, such as design progress, race preparation, contract signing and renewal and more.
- Mobile version of iGP Manager
Will not include 2D viewer or live controls, yet. This initial mobile port will be of the general team management interfaces with the aim of porting the viewer and live controls later in the year.
- New car design system
Targeting an increased variety of approaches to car and component design. Intended to avoid the current scenario where everyone follows the same general design pattern.
- Supplier attributes & requirements
Each supplier will come with a unique set of attributes, bonuses and requirements that appeal to different kinds of teams and scenarios. This will require a total reset of all supplier contracts to come in to effect. As with the design system, this is intended to encourage a variety of approaches throughout the grid without hindering competitiveness.
- Improved notifications system
The revisions to this area will make the notifications system more visible, whilst covering a broader scope of topics. There will be options to choose what appears in your notification stream. These notices will bring important situations as well as reminders to your attention. The current race preparation checklist will be removed and merged in to this system.
- Improved achievements system
Revisions to the existing achievements system and dozens of new achievements to be unlocked.
- Revised home page with improved visuals and more targeted information
- Re-enable practice lap times
- Include a 'mistake' value with all lap timing data, indicating any driver error associated with a practice, qualifying or race lap. This will help to identify inconsistencies in driver performance and make practice lap times more meaningful when re-enabled.
- Staff and driver images redrawn for better visuals
- For use by Moderators / Admins only: Advanced race control, allowing us to respond more quickly and efficiently in situations where races may need postponing. The outcome of this should see less delays and less significant side-effects if/when they do arise.
- Complete redesign of iGPManager.com including a promotional video ideal for introducing friends to iGP Manager