GOALS OF THE UPDATE:
- Broaden the range of strategies and nerf 1-stop strategies.
- Improved balance between overcut and undercut.
- Increase the attention managers must pay to competitors strategies, to defend against undercuts and overcuts.
- Improve realism of a tyre’s performance lifespan - prevent tyres from running competitively beyond 20% condition.
- Increase realism in how tyre degradation impacts pace - balanced using real-world motorsport data, and refined in consultation with numerous managers from all sectors of the community, who participated in races and helped us to tweak the balance.
- Tyres perform like new from 100% to 75% condition.
- Progressive performance degradation from 75% to 50% condition.
- Performance ‘cliff’ at around 50% condition.
- Tyres become uncompetitive at around 35% condition.