Pit Crew & Revamped Racing - Out now!
By Jack Basford
Last updated: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 21:30
We are excited to share that the Pit Crew update for iGP Manager is now live!
The Pit Crew: Revolutionising Race Strategy
The speed and reliability of your pit stops have shifted into the capable hands of your crew. You've stepped into the world of managing pit crew training alongside driver training, confronting challenges like pit crew atrophy, performance variance, and morale. These factors now crucially determine the speed of your pit stops.
The pit crew will affect the time it takes to change tyres and also the time it takes to refuel (in leagues with refuelling activated). The level of your pit crew will also determine how consistent your pit stops are, mechanics can also make mistakes that impact tyre change times, jacking up the car, or plugging and unplugging the fuel hose.
You can train a total of four attributes: composure, coordination, fitness and skill. Be careful when managing the health of your pit crew members, as poor health can affect their performance during the pit stops.
With the salary you can affect the atrophy ratio of the pit crew members. They will gradually lose their attributes depending on this factor. In addition, a good salary will increase morale and performance. Salaries scale with each level of experience. Remember that your pit crew will always be the same, it does not age, you cannot fire members or hire new ones.
Overtaking was thoroughly revamped, especially for cars with notable speed differences due to superior car design, driver skills, or tyre management. This change has made races more dynamic and competitive.
- Cars no longer 'bounce' during overtakes; we've fine-tuned the mechanics for smoother and more realistic manoeuvres.
- The effects of dirty air were intensified, adding a fresh strategic dimension to managing your car within the pack.
- The thrill of speed has been dialled up with the maximum speed now reaching 370 KPH.
- Reworked slipstream dynamics now make for a more impactful race, particularly at closer distances.
Enhancements and Fixes
We’ve also introduced some magic under-the-hood with various enhancements and fixes:
- USA pit lane ‘teleport’ fix - Cars will no longer jump ahead when exiting the USA pit lane.
- Quick Races now feature a more rewarding system, with prizes awarded for podium finishes where more than 3 cars take part.
- The ‘street circuit’ special ability has been expanded with the addition of Canada.
- Some levels now come with unique new special offers when levelling up.
- A new toggle feature for customising engine stats visibility.
- Several bug fixes and improvements have been implemented to ensure a smoother gaming experience.
We are committed to addressing all quirky behaviours at other circuits beyond the USA in future updates, as well as fixing tracks where multiple teams share the same pit box. As announced in the previous dev blog, we are also working on an update of the app focused on improving all our SDKs, APIs, and other related components.
The update is here, and it's time to dive in! Stay tuned for more updates, and as always, happy racing!