The changes start with a fundamental shift in the philosophy behind the scouting process. As with the proposed changes to the transfers system, which are still in development (and won't arrive next week), we are trying to ensure that when Tokens are used they provide convenience, accelerating an activity or making it easier. The current/old system has potential to lose Tokens in bidding and scouting, and that's something we have wanted to change in this redesign. We want to make every Token count. I have seen players use 100 Tokens to scout the ideal driver, so the changes to the system are intended to address this while keeping the economy balanced.
After the change:
- The Offices & Hospitality HQ will scout young staff (Chief Designers, Doctors and Technical Directors), like the Youth Academy for drivers.
- Scouting will generate a new list of scouts, free of charge, every 48 hours. The purpose of the scout button will shift to skipping the wait. This will also create a good reason to check out the HQ every couple of days, to see what new scouts have arrived, injecting life in to a new area of the game.
- The cost of the 'Scout now' button to skip the wait will decrease with time, just like accelerating HQ builds. If you want to skip the last 2 hours of the wait then it'll cost much less than skipping the entire 48 hour wait.
- The cost of the promoting drivers and staff to your team will become dynamic and based on their rating. The higher the level the higher the cost and vice versa.
- The cost of promiting an ideal driver or staff to your main team will be set at around the average combined cost of scouting and promoting an ideal driver currently. It will be higher than the current promotion cost, to ensure it balances with scouting becoming free and the fact that a whole team can be recruited from the HQ alone. You will always know exactly what you are getting beforehand, so it's your choice and not a game of chance.
Drivers that are already in your academy scouted more than 48 hours before the changes come in to effect will be replaced with the new list of scouts.I recommend promoting them now if you have any idling in there. The second reason is that the promotion cost will be higher (if they are high level) after the change than it is currently. If they are very low level then it will actually be cheaper after the change, due to the dynamic pricing
- EDIT: In response to posts below, we will be doing an additional day of development to ensure that you are able to keep drivers in the academy indefinitely that were generated before this update. The original warning still stands though: they are going to cost more Tokens to promote after the update if they are high quality, due to the dynamic pricing system.