Tomorrow (on iGP Manager's 10th Birthday!) we will be releasing a balancing update for race and car performance.
Races on 11 December from 11:30 UTC will run using the new balance. Any races starting at or before 11:00 UTC will not receive the update and will run on the old configuration. It should be a seamless rollout requiring no downtime.
All of these changes have been developed with a team of high level managers based on their feedback. Almost every night for weeks we have been conducting tests with them and tweaking the simulation for better racing. We would like to thank them for their contributions and I'm happy to report that they were unanimously enthusiastic with the end result. We hope everyone else will feel the same once it's released.
Summary of changes
- Changes to 'dirty air', allowing cars to follow more closely and overtake without DRS.
- Subtle changes to Push Level, Boost, DRS and Fuel load to make their impacts more noticeable.
- Nerfed car attributes: Acceleration, Braking, Downforce and Handling. This is only a minor reduction intended to prevent cars reaching top speed as easily and to increase the effectiveness of DRS, further encouraging overtaking.
- Buffed car attributes: Fuel Efficiency and Tyre Efficiency.
- Tyres are more influenced by the climate / temperature such that different strategies can work in different seasons.
- Increased tyre wear for S.
- Decreased tyre wear for SS and H.
- Changes to the wear ratio curve, making it more linear.
- Increased tyre pace for SS and H
- Decreased tyre pace for S.
- This update will not require any updates to be downloaded, it will be implemented seamlessly in to the live environment.
- This update will not include league rules but work on them is almost complete and they should be released before Christmas.