iGP Manager Version 3.0 is here!
It's the moment we've all been waiting for! I can finally announce with great pride that a series of major updates are now live in iGP Manager. Many of you will have been following the news about some of these updates for months, such as the new 2018 car shape. Although the car itself was finished some time ago, we decided to turn this in to one major update containing a raft of improvements.
What’s new in version 3.0?
The entire changelog is too long to list here, and is available on the forum. Here are the notable highlights:
- New 2018 car - with 5 new liveries and a massive graphical overhaul to the entire environment on all platforms, it is a visually stunning upgrade that raises the bar.
- New reminder notifications – never miss a thing as you can choose to be reminded (while outside of the app or website) of the practice lock deadline, race start, expiring driver/staff/sponsor contracts and HQ construction projects.
- Improved tyre performance and balance – all tyre compounds have been modified for better balance and to enable more strategies. Performance levels and wear rates have been adjusted, and wear is now scaled to race duration to achieve a universal consensus on tyres.
- New deep-linking system – all links to igpmanager.com/app will now open in-app on mobile phones and tablets, enabling easy sharing of profiles, leagues, driver auctions and more.
- New tutorials - with user-friendly step-by-step instructions and far more depth, it’s easier than ever to introduce your friends to iGP Manager.
- New rewarded video ads partner - increased availability of ads and stability of playback in all regions.
- In-app web browser – continue your account session on the forum with no need to login again, even launching external websites inside iGP Manager, before returning to the app effortlessly.
- Faster loading times - across the entire app, and particularly in the live race viewer, loading times have been greatly reduced, by utilising intelligent background loading and caching, so you shouldn’t miss a thing while anything loads.
- Greatly improved translations – our translation team have been armed with new and improved tools, making it easier for them to improve all translations on an ongoing basis.
- New translations – two new languages have been added in Catalan and Balkans region, and in-race commentary is, for the first time, translated in all languages as of this update.
In August we took the bold move to migrate the entire service to a new hosting provider in search of better performance and stability. After a week or so of teething issues, the new setup has been more or less running like clockwork ever since. It has been a huge success, and opens the door for the future growth of iGP Manager while maintaining a high standard and quality of service.