What has changed?
- Hard tyres and Medium tyres now wear more relative to other tyres
- All tyre wear rates are scaled to the race duration
How have wear rates for Hard and Medium tyres changed?
- Hard tyres now wear about as fast as the Mediums used to
- Medium tyres now fall between the old Soft and new Hard tyres in wear rate
How has wear rate been scaled to race duration?
- 100% race duration - tyres wear 0.5 times the old rate
- 75% race duration - tyres wear 0.66 times the old rate
- 50% race duration - no change (except Hards and Mediums now wear faster relative to other tyres)
- 25% race duration - tyres wear 2 times the old rate
NOTE: These changes are intended to reduce the dominance of Hard tyres. We consider this to be the start of the changes to re-balancing tyres, not the end. This is the first step towards improved tyre balance, and we will be responding all week to your feedback on the changes and making further adjustments.