iGP Manager changelog
Your source for recent updates
UI / UX
08 May 2020, 18:01 WebRace viewerLivery editor
Added Enter key usage to open Chat Tab if not already there.
Added Greek Extended Letters support.
Improved Memory usage.
Improved Hi-Res texture showing while following a car.
Improved Timing area scrolling area.
Improved HotKey usages. Now supports more than one hotkey usage at the same time.
Improved Timing panel clickable area colors to make them more distinguishable.
Fixed Localization files not been updated sometimes.
Fixed not being able to load sometimes.
Fixed incorrect initial driver position. First driver will be on left side and second driver will be on right size.
Fixed Pre race strategy not updating on Wet conditions applied.
Fixed Boost Button been stucked on hotkey usage bug.
Fixed Some more pit stop related bugs.
Fixed Driver control Panel not minimizin on WebGL.
Fixed Livery highlight bugs.
Fixed Livery Player's name zoom in bug.
Changed Boost and DRS icon position slightly.
06 May 2020, 17:07 Race simulation
- Improved garage allocation in single-car leagues - There are only 16 garages in the pit lane and previously teams 17 and upwards were allocated to garage 16. With these changes, teams are now paired to garages. Teams in two-car leagues are unaffected by this update and remain unchanged.
- Disabled safe release in pits for single-car leagues, as teams now share garages. Safe release is still in place for 2 car leagues. Previously, safe release was causing cars in single-car leagues to switch places erroneously during pit stops.
10 Apr 2020, 16:01 Race simulationLeaguesService
- Qualifying error rate for drivers reduced to 0 until further notice to reduce randomness in qualifying results.
- Improved design scaling when promoting for fairer balance.
- Hotfix for odd design values not improving car performance.
- Removed strict design caps - supplier bonuses can now raise levels above tier design cap in Rookie and Pro.
25 Mar 2020, 21:57 AndroidiOSRace viewerLivery editorUI / UX
- Improved device memory usage and management.
- Improved live race viewer performance, particularly when weather effects are applied.
- Fixed incorrect Token cost display on Livery Editor.
- Various other fixes and improvements for rare cases.
21 Mar 2020, 10:13 AndroidiOS
- Fixed Japanese Translation errors.
- Emoji support added to iOS users.
- Performans improvements for all platforms.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
20 Mar 2020, 17:26 UI / UX
- Fixed an issue with the Training Boost product whereby progress on training could become stuck at a value greater than 100%.
16 Mar 2020, 23:18 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerRace simulationLivery editorDriversStaffUI / UXNew feature(s)LeaguesService
- New! Safety car.
- New! Augmented-Reality Car Editor.
- New! Race interfaces - full live timing, dual car boost and more.
- New! Edit your driver and staff appearance along with their name and nationality. You can also now retrain the strength and weakness of Chief Designers.
- New! Custom season lengths.
- New! Korean and Norwegian translations.
- Wider range on car setup and development values.
- Improved chat message design with better emoji support
- Fixed rare issue which could result in the app becoming stuck on the splash screen
- Fixed crashes on old iPhone 5s
- Various fixes and improvements.
20 Nov 2019, 20:16 AndroidiOSWebUI / UXNew feature(s)
This update introduces the new ability to react to news on the home page news feed!
- New! News feed reactions - the following reactions are available at launch: like, love, laugh, wow, sad, angry.
- Added the ability to sort race history by circuit and filter between Quick Races and League Races.
- Italian/Spanish subforums shown on the global forum now redirect to new forums - they were still pointing to the old forums
05 Nov 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
- Advanced strategy improvements - Second stage. Enabled manually changing tyres before the race start if weather conditions change from wet to dry or vice versa.
- Added new comment 'likes' rating system
- Launched various specials in to the new shop offering greater value
- Improved rewarded ads to show the value of each ad view
- Various fixes and improvements
31 Oct 2019, 16:36 CircuitsUI / UXLeagues
Today we launch a new circuit and unleash ghosts and zombies on the Headquarters!
- New Circuit: USA
- To celebrate Halloween, the Headquarters page and the background have been restyled in a Halloween theme.
26 Oct 2019, 18:15 CircuitsUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
This is the biggest update to iGP Manager since the introduction of Quick Races.
- New Custom Calendars - One of the most popular feature requests we’ve had over the years is now here! Custom calendars allow league hosts to choose what circuits their league will race on each season, and in which order. At launch there are a total of 24 circuits to choose from, with league hosts customising and creating their own ideal 15 race season.* The new default calendar is randomly generated every season, throwing interesting design challenges and surprises to the managers, spicing up the racing.
- New Shop - Introducing the brand-new Shop, with daily deals and rewards already included, soon we will release a range of exclusive special offers. Be sure to check back regularly and to download app updates to get early access to the latest special offers as they arrive.
- New Circuit: Mexico - The list of circuits in iGP Manager just keeps on growing, and now Mexico has been added, just in time for the Mexican Grand Prix weekend. We hope you’ll enjoy the fun features of this circuit, such as the unique stadium section.
11 Oct 2019, 00:00 Race viewerRace simulationCircuitsLeagues
- New Circuit: Azerbaijan
- Advanced strategy improvements - First stage. changes during the race will now be fully manual once the manager is attending the race. All automated advanced strategy during the race will be switched off while in attendance. Advanced strategy is still currently applied at the race start. The second stage will follow with the next downloadable app update, and will enable manually changing tyres before the race start if weather conditions change from wet to dry or vice versa.
10 Oct 2019, 00:00 Drivers
This patch addresses a specific issue with driver training for high level managers, whereby if the driver's attributes were all at maximum then their weight could not be trained (reduced further).
- Fixed driver weight training when all other attributes are at maximum
27 Sep 2019, 16:37 AndroidiOSWebCircuitsUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added legacy circuits to Quick Races. Those removed from the league calendar in updates can now be accessed and raced on in Quick Race lobbies. Hosts of a private Quick Race lobby may also select them to race on.
- New and improved forum search algorithm - returns more relevant and accurate results based on the search query
- Fixed 'Session expired' / 'Request failed' errors on rewarded video ad playback in apps
- Fixed forum search not working due to invalid CSRF code
- Fixed bug with forum search whereby characters such as spaces between words could break the search.
26 Sep 2019, 16:42 CircuitsLeagues
Our ongoing revamp of the race calendar in iGP Manager continues with the introduction of Russia.
19 Sep 2019, 13:19 CircuitsUI / UXLeagues
Another day, another new circuit! Austria has been added, this time replacing the old Europe circuit on the calendar. In order to maintain a sensible size on the calendar, as additional circuits are added they will replace older circuits.
- New circuit: Austria
- "League is full" message on Joining in a league if league is already full
- Various minor fixes and improvements across the service
12 Sep 2019, 15:30 iOSUI / UXLeagues
- Hotfix for gaining a marginal advantage when leaving and rejoining a league at the start of a season. Due to the new 19 race calendar, it was giving a small performance advantage. We patched it quickly after a couple of cases were reported, so very few people were affected by this.
- Fixed tooltips displaying on links when clicked on mobiles (looked like a glitch, would appear only briefly before being wiped by loading).
- Fixed tooltips interrupting button functionality on iOS 13.
- Optimisations to comments performance both in-game on league wall and on blogs (reduced loading times, faster response changing pages and editing comments etc.)
- Optimisations to translation system which should result in reduced page loading times, particularly on the forum and comments
- Optimisations to bad word filters so that they process content faster (also reducing loading times)
- Improved welcome tutorial to stop showing once 'Okay' is clicked. It was showing every time the app was initialised, for new teams not in a league. So, mainly this affected teams that only take part in Quick Races.
- Changing pages on blog comments now takes place without a full page refresh
05 Sep 2019, 11:22 CircuitsUI / UXLeagues
Following on from the recent launch of the French circuit, we are happy to announce that another new circuit, Canada, is also available in iGP Manager now!
- New Circuit: Canada
- Fixed bug where first comment on league wall might not go through on some devices/browsers. Most users did not seem to have this problem.
04 Sep 2019, 00:00 iOSWebAccountUI / UX
- Fixed daily rewards not showing for users not in a league.
- Fixed daily rewards hit area being offset on iOS due to an animation glitch - this misleadingly giving some managers the impression that they could not access them, but the actual issue was that the hit area was offset from where it appeared to be.
30 Aug 2019, 17:18 CircuitsLeagues
Introducing the first new circuit of 2019! Today we have added the new French circuit to the standard league calendar and it is available immediately in Quick Races. No updates are required to access the new circuit.
29 Aug 2019, 00:00 WebUI / UXService
Today we introduced improved security and protection across the iGP Manager websites against potential Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks on users. To our knowledge, nobody has been affected by this, it was simply an improvement over existing security measures.
17 Aug 2019, 22:36 AndroidiOSWebUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added new changelog system (where you are reading this now!)
- Added green personal best lap highlight and purple fastest lap highlight to race results and detailed results
- Fixed bugs with first and last name inputs not allowing international character sets
- Fixed bug with affiliate ad campaigns where signups via campaign links award additional Tokens
- Fixed unintended font styles showing on desktop resolutions and tablets - it would differ by device
- Hotfix to prevent making the same forum post multiple times while posting inside the in-app browser
- Improved / reduced "pop-up" effect on Daily Rewards images - eliminated with placeholder frame so image doesn't stretch container/parent as it loads
- Various other fixes and improvements
31 Jul 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added new Daily Rewards system
- Added repair car shortcuts to next race page and set car condition at which they show to 95% or less.
- Added a quick bid button to the Transfers page
- Changed default filters on league select page to show teams with 2 or more spaces, was previously 3 or more.
- Improved display of investment pack in news feed
- Fixed Auction UI glitches with web browsers using 2 or more tabs with different auctions open
- Fixed ideal setup daily reward not updating with weather changes.
- Fixed various issues with league schedules and saving race times on the league edit page - particuarly when in timezones like the Americas this was a common issue
- Fixed accents and foreign language characters throwing errors when used in driver/team name/user first/last name on joining
- Fixed potential bugs with race times if there are any form errors.
- Hotfixes to sponsor money awarded in QR to teams in leagues
- League select filters will now revert to showing all results if there are less than 3 results.
- Fixed some HTML tags being permitted on league wall comments
- Translation revisions.
- Update race viewer to version 3.45 now in sync with app versions of the same number
- Various other fixes and improvements
30 Jun 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebUI / UX
- Improved functioning of League Select search filters and greatly reduced loading times of League Select page and filters.
- Changed support email
- Changed driver healing process to include Quick Races
- Changed League Select page to only show leagues with 3 or more spaces to avoid overlapping requests to join leagues resulting in full leagues before a player attempts to join.
- Improved registration process to use a page instead of a dialog - more reliable and cannot be easily closed by accident
- Fixed bug with design points not being awarded at the start of a season but the manager being mailed a notification saying they got design points
- Fixed a bug with new user signups
- Fixed forum labels for new Italian forum
- Fixed overlapping layout on mobiles with [+] icon on cash and tokens balance in header
- Hotfix to league race objectives being impacted by Quick Races
- Hotfix to reward changes
- Hotfix for league info dialog
- Revised XP calculations based on player feedback (returned league race XP to old levels - reduced Quick Race XP and capped per day)
- Translation revisions
- Increased sponsor payouts in response to feedback from users.
- Various other fixes and improvements
13 Jun 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSRace viewerUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added new Quick Race mode.
- Added new Start lights in race viewer.
- Fixes and improvements to car animations.
- Fixes to strategy tab in live races.
- Fixes and improvements to chat during races.
- Fixed translations not loading in the race viewer.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
31 May 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebDriversStaffUI / UXNew feature(s)Leagues
- Added League invitations between friends
- Added League welcome mails which can be customised by league hosts
- Added mass message option for league hosts
- Added new menu of options to friends list e.g. 'View League' and 'Invite to League'
- Added a notification icon to comments sections on new replies
- Add 'League Mail' tab in Mail dialog for hosts
- Added [+] icons to top right corner of cash and tokens in the header ot make it clearer that they can be bought by pressing them
- Added animations to number value updates in the UI
- Added detection to determine whether an e-mail address is already in use
- Improved process for connecting to an auction
- Improved 'Buy now' and 'Bid' button behaviours to remain disabled until an Auction is fully loaded
- Improved behaviours around UI locking for League Races
- Improved forgotten password emails to include all accounts associated with an email address
- Improved public login page/redirect to return to forum after login
- Fixed DST changes in a league host's timezone causing their league's race times change whenever they edit them during a time change
- Fixed bug when loading the start screen while not logged in
- Fixed a glitch whereby icons may show placeholder text before an icon was visible
- Fixed objective not showing for upcoming races
- Fixed rare issue where liveries were not showing for some teams that had left the league on the 'Standings' page
- Hotfix to lobby.
- Hotfixes to checks which determine whether a manager is currently in a race
- Hotfix to ensure league invitation mails are sent in recipient's language (previously this would not be the case if the league language differed to the recipient's language)
- Reduced sponsorship money in preparation for Quick Races
- Reduced XP gains for League races in anticipation for additional Quick Race gains
- Reduced size of text on mobiles for engine restock notification, to avoid any translations being cut off by screen width
- Translation revisions - including many edits in preparation for upcoming updates
- Introduced interstitial ads for new non-paying users - automatically removed by any in-app purchase
- Various other fixes and improvements.
30 Apr 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebUI / UXNew feature(s)Leagues
- Added spectate list filters (select track, tier etc.)
- Added inline replies system for comments sections (e.g. League wall)
- Add tooltip over star ratings for drivers and staff on 'Drivers & Staff' page like on transfers
- Added new automatic cache clearing to avoid bugs caused by devices storing of out-of-date information in cache
- Added missing flags including a new Catalan flag (for the Catalan langauge).
- Added new Twitter rewarded referral link.
- Added new header / page title transitions on phone apps
- Added a notification for managers not in leagues that drivers only recover health when in a league
- Added validation on Manager / Driver / Staff names
- Improved tutorial visualisation (when highlighting an element now it will always blanket the entire page/dialog in shade - sometimes previously it would not do so).
- Improved profile pic display size error messages on upload errors (e.g. file size too large)
- Fixed long-standing bug where es, pt, gr, hu, pl players were all likely seeing the race viewer in English on mobiles and tablets
- Fixed tutorial layout bugs with 'notch' devices - this primarily seemed to relate to the iPhone X
- Fixed circuit image resolution for GB19 on 'Next race' page to improve loading times and performance
- Fixed Ban Appeal to ensure mail is always in the user's selected language
- Fixed confirmation dialogs appearing for actions relating to buttons which were supposed to be deactivated
- Fixed forum labels in threads on new Spanish forum.
- Fixed new players being permitted to add quotes into names when registering a new account
- Hotfix for issue that caused service interruptions one eveningFixed new players being permitted to add quotes into names when registering a new account
- Increased driver healing rate from rewarded video ads to 5% per view.
- Updated all contact emails to point to new @igpgames.com domain
- Banned the use of certain words in the entire game(words Blacklist)
- Changes to the viewer loading process to prepare it for coming updates
- Changed order of any track selection list(s) to match calendar order
- Changed title of 'Next race' page to 'Next round'
- Various other fixes and improvements
31 Mar 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebUI / UXLeagues
- Added start time countdown for live race broadcast announcements on the home page
- Improved comment formatting
- Improved layout of parts and engines shop links on cars page to avoid confusion between the two
- Improved ordering of spectate list to show highly populated, high reputation races at the top, not just the newest races
- Increased healing rate to 5% per rewarded video ad view for training
- Fixed prev/next arrow aligment on prev/next buttons on team settings dialog
- Fixed forum infinite redirect loop when a thread is merged with and redirecting to itself (rare - not a common problem)
- Fixes to forum labels
- Fixes to translation in League Settings
- Fixed league hosts unable to kick league participants
- Fixed deeplinks when launching app for the first time (they were only working if the app was already running in the background)
- Hotfixes to icons on public website
- Translation revisions and additions
- Various other fixes and improvements
25 Mar 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSRace viewerLivery editorUI / UX
- Fixes and improvements to live race UI and In-App Browser.
- Fixed car colours changing slightly on upload.
- Improved camera panning animations.
28 Feb 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerLivery editorUI / UX
- Added new manual cache clear button to settings page - useful for resolving issues with out-of-date cached items
- Added 'edited by' whenever a forum post is edited
- Added soft upgrade prompt to home page which launches app stores when clicked
- Added Race Duration and League ID to 'League info' dialog
- Added automatic user nationality detection during signup
- Added rewarded video ads (free investment button) to finances page
- Added a timer limit on consecutive forum posting
- Added new password recovery method
- Added forum thread notification after a thread is moved into another forum
- Fixed issues with Closed/Solved forum thread message
- Fixed HQ showing "availalbe at level X" when manager was above that level while another HQ was under construction
- Fixed swipe menu being available while on start screen after logging out
- Fixed iOS bug where info (i) tooltips weren't working
- Fixed sent mail in archive not being deleted when delete button pressed
- Fixed league wall comment input layout
- Fixed login buttons layout
- Hotfix to investment dialog 'Free investment' button.
- Improved Finances page to also respond in real-time to balance changes (previously only the value in the header did)
- Improved forum notifications to hide bbcode content and only show text
- Improved forum threads to show which moderator closed a topic
- Updated race viewer and livery editor to match those in app version 3.37
- Revisions to all translations.
- Various forum fixes relating to timestamps around posts and threads.
- Various fixes and improvements to ads integration and app version detection.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
14 Feb 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSRace viewerUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
- Added cache clear option to settings page.
- Added Japanese translation.
- Fixed current tyre going out of sync on live timing.
- Fixed visual glitch whereby cars could appear to warp around the track during lag/sync issues.
- Fixed DRS activation glitch on lap 2 at Spain.
- Improved reliability of rewarded ads.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
31 Jan 2019, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebUI / UX
- Added new rewarded video ads placement for investments for free investments
- Added new vector icons across UI
- Added new rewarded video ads placement on training page for free healing
- Added waiting animations to bid / buy now buttons on auctions while connecting or placing bids
- Added forum notification panel 'Clear Notification' button
- Added notifications when a new thread is merged into an older thread
- Added rating buttons to first post in all threads in the suggestions forum (the suggestion)
- Added Investment Pack to home page in an effort to boost IAPs from UA.
- Added clearer error messages when conneciton is lost on an auction unintentionally
- Improved behaviours around deleting the first post of a thread
- Changed port used by auction server, improving success rate at being allowed to participate in auctions by network firewalls
- Fixed ban message in notification panel
- Fixed issues with star icon scaling on mobiles
- Fixed rewarded video ads buttons allowing continual playback even after offers have expired
- Fixed issue whereby threads which were simultaneously pinned and closed showing a "closed due to inactivity" message
- Removed Christmas background.
- Various UI fixes and improvements.
31 Dec 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added New and improved friends list embedded in home page
- Added New home page layout saving space and cleaning up UI
- Added progress bar animation to test laps
- Added car / livery previews to driver standings
- Added detection for when a user has joined the game via a league link, prompting said user to join the league they launched the game with
- Added new weather API provider (Dark Sky API) as old provider (Weather Underground) is closing at the end of the month
- Added preliminary support for right-to-left aligned languages
- Added team colours to all standings
- Added team colours to race results and practice results
- Changed rules on forum to allow admins/moderators to not be subject to any restrictions on posting (e.g. posting back-to-back or time limits between posts) as it is often necessary for announcements and support
- Added new forum rules so that banned users can no longer create forum threads
- Fixed UI bugs within Headquarters while doing construciton projects
- Fixed beginner tutorial getting stuck when app opened via a league link
- Fixed the beta version of the race viewer settings as the default for all users after saving changes on the 'Settings' page
- Fixed bug that caused active / pressed state of buttons to not show button depressed
- Fixed bug where black team colour was saved as '0' instead of the correct hex code '000000'.
- Fixed URL used to launch the website not loading after user login
- Fixed bug with highlighted buttons during tutorials turning white when pressed
- Fixed empty team names or team names containing special symbols not allowing beginner tutorial to progress beyond league selection.
- Fixed incorrect temperature readings with new weather API provider
- Fixed missing icons on help page.
- Fixed poll NaN error when 0 votes
- Fixed translations on weather forecasts to match new 7-day format from new weather API provider
- Fixed water depth not always showing accurate values for practice laps when data was available
- Fixes to various deeplinking glitches within the beginner tutorial - if a user signed up after launching the app via a link.
- Hotfix for notification ! icon showing as ..." in Chrome."
- Hotfix to new tabs glitch introduced by putting tabs on the home page.
- Improved UI SFX to not play irrelevant SFX on login/initialization of app, e.g. money sounds as balance updated on launch
- Improved display/layout of livery on team page
- Improved efficiency and loading times across the site.
- Improved layout of poll answers.
- Improved league select page to ensure at least 3 leagues exist so nobody can become stuck on the league join step of the beginner tutorial
- Improved loading times of friends list
- Improved layout and organisation of information by setting universal picture dimensions and cropping images to fit in areas like comments, news, standings (previously dynamic sizes and aspect ratios were allowed, creating messier text)
- Removed Export CSV button on tablets (this is now a Web-only feature)
- Rolled back race viewer to version 3.3 from 3.34 as there were numerous reports of laggy/stuttery viewers on 3.34.
- Thread in the 'Bugs' sub-forum now require the first post to begin with template questionnaire
- Various hotfixes and performance improvements to the back-end service.
05 Dec 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSRace viewerRace simulationLivery editorService
- Fixed IAP failures during network issues
- Fixed memory leaks in certain scenarios in the race viewer
- Fixed livery showing numbers in place of sponsors when a team has no sponsors
- Improved tyre selection during pre-race weather changes.
- Improved livery editor performance to run better on mid and low end devices
- Improved rendering on 18:9 displays
- Improved performance and error handling on loading screens
- Various other fixes and improvements
30 Nov 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerLivery editorUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added new standing water level indicator on home page and for practice laps - this information is collected from data on any other laps performed within the last 5 minutes by any team
- Added forum notifications pane which notifies user of replies to threads they are following
- Added Japanese language translation
- Added language selection to start screen
- Added emoji support to league descriptions, manager bios, forum posts and comments
- Added Instagram follow reward
- Added new 2018 car shape livery placeholders to Cars page
- Added support for native share method in apps instead of old method which only supported Facebook or Twitter sharing via URL
- Added ability for league hosts to delete comments on their league wall
- Added forum ban Appeal System
- Revised UI first pass - increased use of rounded corners and gradients across UI
- Fixed insufficient parts/engines prompts not opening the parts/engines dialog and not re-enabling button to buy parts/engines.
- Fixed 'Preparation level' translation wrapping on to two lines on home page in some languages.
- Fixed bug whereby putting a single driver or staff on auction it would say you've reached the limit
- Fixed bug which could result in the beginner tutorial becoming stuck on a particular screen
- Fixed issues with car design scaling when promoting within a league
- Fixed bug with new moderator permissions that resulted in the comment module being hidden for ordinary users
- Fixed 'Research' dialog not showing correct previous race design levels after more updates were applied
- Fixed some game-breaking bugs with tutorials in Chrome-based browsers
- Fixed language selection changing erratically (not being reliably stored) when not logged in
- Fixed numeric hex-codes starting with leading 0s not exporting/importing correctly in livery editor
- Fixed swipe menu opening on the start screen before it should be visible when opened via swipe motion
- Fixed various tutorial bugs.
- Fixed bug with thread title input check when replying to posts, as they don't have titles and this was preventing replies
- Improved reliability of various app calls, reducing potential for failures including IAP failures.
- Improved performance / reduced loading times of all HoF categories
- Changed forum to block topic titles written in BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS
- Improved forum thread title display to be contained on a single line
- Significant optimisations across service to loading times and stability
- Removed G+ from social networks in share dialogs
- Removed Halloween background.
- Removed language selection from team creation screen.
- Updated WebGL livery editor and race viewer to align with those in version 3.3 of the apps
- Various fixes, revisions and improvements to UI updates
- Various translation updates.
31 Oct 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added 'share' button to manager, driver and staff profiles
- Added Instagram to social media channels included in $1m for follow promotion inside iGP Manager
- Added all international name suggestions posted by users on the forum
- Added back button to login screen after pressing 'Sign in with iGP Manager'
- Added language localisation to web checkout
- Added logging of designs when saved from design page allowing admins to perform manual rollbacks and advanced debugging when users need support for any reason
- Added new rewarded ad placement on the cars page for free parts
- Added new way for a league host to be declared inactive - if they have not been in the league they are hosting for 14 days or more, even if they are active outside of the league
- Added Halloween background
- Attempted fix for reports of driver contracts & cars not syncing properly.
- Improved behaviour of ads to not show ads button if it is not ready to play.
- Fixed mobile app HQ build notifications not linking to correct building ID
- Fixed a potential HTML injection loophole
- Fixed bug during Cars tutorial where a manager could exit the flow of the tutorial and become effectively stuck (though it was possible to escape this 'stuck' stage by pressing back button)
- Fixed bug on profile after adding share button to header, car livery was line-wrapping
- Fixed bug where Notes would convert all newlines to two newlines
- Fixed bug where automatically generated leagues were all 'en' language and at '19:00' GMT only
- Fixed bug whereby a team could sell all of its drivers or staff by putting some on auction and selling the rest.
- Fixed car designs not resetting in some circumstances at the end of the season.
- Fixed cars not showing in the standings table for some teams
- Fixed end of sesaon design resets happening twice to some teams after promotion/relegation, resulting in a total wipe of designs and reset to 1 of all attributes.
- Fixed forum link to open in internal browser as intended
- Fixed issues with twitter card preview images when sharing links from igpmanager.com on Twitter
- Fixed Facebook account syncing issues - new accounts being generated when connecting Facebook to old accounts
- Fixed maintenance messages to launch via internal browser.
- Fixed new bug with end of season car designs not resetting after promotion/relegation.
- Fixed rounding error on certain currency amounts e.g. values over 999,500 but below 1,000,000 would show as £1k instead of £1m, and the same issue applied at 1 billion etc.
- Fixed two major end-of-season issues: relegation/promotion designs not being scaled since service migration to new provider and a glitch when changing leagues that meant new season design didn't reset and manager kept accumulated design points
- Improved design Upgrade button to disable itself if the user assigns all of their design points so it can't be launched again with 0 design points
- Improved checks for ongoing races within a league to ignore previous seasons and corrupt races and only focus on the currently active season
- Improved news performance (reduced loading times for home page)
- Improved phrasing of setup reminder app notification
- Improved tutorials to redirect to a relevant page after they are skipped
- Improved tutorials to reduce HTTP requests on initialisation
- Removed in-game mail restrictions and limits for Moderators
- Removed cascading post limit for moderators as well as admins.
- Removed exact user rank by number display from HoF when above 1000 to increase efficiency of the service
- Optimised several back-end services for better performance.
- Revisions to all translations.
- Temporarily removed penultimate step of Cars tutorial as it was freezing some apps
- Improved the weather system to only increment/decrease temperature by six degrees - if, often due to weather station faults, an extreme change occurs, it will be less likely to have an impact and manifest any front-end issues
- WebGL race viewer updated to alignment with app version 3.2
- Various important hotfixes since version 3.0 update to the apps.
30 Sep 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebUI / UXNew feature(s)Leagues
- Added new ability for league members to take over hosting of a league if the host has been inactive for 14 days and the league participant has been in the league for 20 races or more
- Added new notification preferences to settings and new preferences dialog
- Added new automatic timezone detection to prevent issues with DST in certain regions
- Added various app notifications such as: Staff and Driver contracts, Sponsor expiration, HQ construction complete, race setup and race moved
- Added automatic league generation when none exist and new players are searching for leagues - to avoid app getting stuck on beginner tutorial or players who don't want to create a league quitting
- Added liveries to team standings
- Added forum post voting system (like/dislike)
- Added translation for service-level messages, such as maintenance warning on home page
- Added ability for service to automatically generate leagues "hosted by iGP" if required
- Critical fixes to app notifications.
- Fixed 'go to race' link going directly to practice results when sometimes these don't exist, which caused UI glitches.
- Fixed auto-generated female drivers / staff getting male names
- Fixed bug with "You must select at least one driver to train" message showing up incorrectly during training.
- Fixed bug with new 'host inactive' feature whereby users could see button to take over hosting even if they were ineligible.
- Fixed bug with standings whereby a team could appear in two tiers on the same season number (e.g. after promotion/relegation, or leaving/rejoining the league etc.)
- Fixed drivers being generated with empty names
- Fixed mail being sent saying you cannot participate in the first race after joining a league
- Fixed news reporting when a user leaves the league in their local language - now respects league language
- Fixed non-alphanumeric names being allowed
- Fixed sharing links.
- Fixed spectate dialog throwing an error sometimes.
- Fixed training tutorial not functioning as intended when toggling between training focus/overview on mobiles
- Fixed glitch where league tiers would not maintain accurate team total counts on the league page
- Hotfix to forum link on menu for internal browser.
- Improved app loading speeds by utilising caching in more places
- Improved behaviour of tutorials and various hotfixes.
- Improved car design upgrade process to avoid the need for a full page refresh, updating the values inline instead
- Improved 'clear all notifications' not do a global 'mark all read' but only those on the notifications list
- Improved transfers page to show more highly rated staff and to refresh more frequently
- Improved translation and content loading reliability, by loading in English translation in the event that no localisation is found
- Removed Romanian translation due to lack of use and difficulty maintaining it
- Legacy tutorials will show when no new tutorial exists for a given page.
30 Sep 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSRace simulationLivery editorUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
- Added 2018 car - with 5 new liveries and stunning new visuals.
- Added rewarded video ads partner offering increased availability of ads.
- Added app notifications.
- Added deep-linking system - links from igpmanager.com/app now open in the phone or tablet app for easy sharing.
- Added tutorials.
- Added In-app web browser.
- Improved tyre performance and balance.
- Improved tyre wear rates, now scaled to race duration.
- Improved loading times.
31 Aug 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebUI / UXNew feature(s)
This month the service was migrated to a totally new service provider and datacenter setup. Our configuration was changed entirely to optimise for performance and stability of the service. For this reason there were fewer changes than usual, and most time was spent porting, refactoring and fixing the service to work with the new setup.
- Migrated service to new service provider / datacenter configuration. Totally rewrote and prepared many back-end services as part of this process.
- Added Catalan and Balkans region translations
- Added deeplink support to apps for race viewer and livery editor
- Fixed new forum toolbar (many bugs with original implementation)
- Fixed tutorials never ending in version 3.0
- Fixed undefined variable bug in forum.js.
- Fixed undefined variable bug in init.php
- Fixed unique structure of Icelandic surnames not respecting gender of drivers/staff.
- Hotfix to get cars page to refresh after saving a livery in a more appropriate manner
- Improved livery editor dimensions on export (larger top image) for higher resolution
- Improved service efficiency - Driver automatic healing now only impacts teams in leagues
- Improved resolution of Token icons for retina screens
- Improved result dialog to hide practice lap tabs when none exist after practice has locked
- Improvements to tutorial positioning over highlighted elements.
- Increased resolution of flags on public website.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
31 Jul 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)Leagues
- Added new Privacy settings, including ability to block private messages
- Added CSV exporting of race data
- Added ability to change player name and nationality
- Added car image to manager profile dialog
- Added forum image resizing code to prevent images being larger than the post container
- Added new method and improved behaviour of issuing penalties when changing leagues
- Added new system for calculating car designs when changing leagues
- Added new translation tools for translators
- Added support panel user link to forum posts for support team.
- Added translation files to memcache to avoid constant read/writes to servers.
- Added translation to WYSIWYG post editor on forum.
- Added translations for circuit names
- Added translations for ordinal numbers (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.)
- Changed buttons on profiles to icons due to wrapping to new lines and layout issues in many translations.
- Changed forum pruning to ignore pinned threads
- Fixed Facebook share link on desktop / browser version in friends dialog
- Fixed bug whereby alert icon for expiring contracts is only shown on 1 expiring contract when there are multiple
- Fixed bug with tall/narrow profile images causing overlapping mails in mail dialog
- Fixed clicking precisely on the notification icon on the 'Upgrade' button on the Cars page triggering total refresh of app / page
- Fixed major bug with driver health starting at 100% in every race regardless of what it was set to
- Fixed forum threads not showing option to post when re-opened by an admin or moderator after being closed due to inactivity
- Fixed various minor glitches with notifications.
- Hotfix for friends list not working in some cases
- Hotfix for moderators unable to edit comments
- Hotfixes to UTF-8 encoding on some translations.
- Hotfix to Ukranian translation.
- Hotfix to currency functions not showing 'k' after values between 1k - 10k.
- Improved performance of service by monthly pruning of lap-by-lap race data
- Improved behaviour joining leagues - prevented during end of season / new season creation period, which will prevent several issues with car designs
- Fixed bug with Youth Academy not producing drivers of same nationality as manager
- Improved behaviour of practice laps to better stabilise weather changes from lap to lap
- Improved clarity of league page header and added new league link sharing option
- Improved email validation
- Increased the available length of text in league descriptions to double the previous value.
- Merged Spanish (European) and Spanish (Latin) translations into a single 'Spanish' translation
- Merged Portuguese (Portugal) and Portuguese (Brazil) translations into a single 'Portuguese' translation.
- Optimised loading times of spectate dialog
- Put new tutorials live for app versions 3.0 or later
- Revisions to translations.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
30 Jun 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebDriversAccountUI / UX
- Added Ukranian translation
- Added emoji support to text throughout service
- Added pruning of inactives from Pro and Elite (inactives kicked from Rookie after 30 days, Pro after 60 days, Elite after 90 days)
- Changed behaviour when a race is wiped/deleted manually by admins to repair all cars in affected race(s) to 100% condition
- Fix for drivers not being re-assigned for seller after auction sales.
- Fixed beginner tutorial keeping some UI elements hidden even after completion
- Fixed bug with fuel and tyre suppliers being charged twice in races
- Fixed issue where profile photos would show cached version even after uploading a new one
- Fixed issues with tutorial highlights
- Hotfix for no objectives being set in a race (objective was always "Finish the race")
- Improved forum to tracks when users last read a forum thread to display an accurate read status per-thread
- Optimisations to functions which assign drivers to cars within teams
- Updated financial penalty for changing leagues to 1% of balance (formerly 10%)
31 May 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebUI / UX
- Added support for app notifications
- Added menu tutorial
- Added a new tutorial "skip tutorial" option and clearer styling to new tutorial system coming in version 3.0
- Fixed display of new tutorials so they can overlay dialogs and pages and tutorial text can display above highlighted elements
- Fixed issue with quotes on the forum which had no author.
- Fixed several issues with tutorials including game breaking bug for new players in older versions of the app
- Improved behaviour of on-time purchase Investment Pack IAP by removing it from the screen once purchased to avoid confusion
- Improvements to tutorials - can now reposition tutorial to avoid overlapping with elements that require interaction or which are highlighted
- New Ukranian translation
- New fully rewritten PT-BR translation
- Moderators are now granted access to passworded leagues for the purposes of assisting with support cases.
30 Apr 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebLivery editorDriversUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added New tutorial system and beginner tutorial coming in version 3.0
- Added Best Solution system to forum for Help & Support threads which require solutions
- Added new option to select if a post was helpful or not helpful
- Added ability to select (and thus copy/paste/share) text from comments in-game
- Added prevention for cascading posts (multiple posts in a row).
- Added tooltip to training when unable to train because insufficient drivers selected
- Fixed minimum height of text input on comments (it had become short somewhere in recent updates).
- Fixes for livery and profile photo uploads
- Fixes for PHP 7 compatibility
- Fixes to 'best solution' on forum
- Improvements to forum thread formatting.
- Improvements to labels systems on forum
- Reduced cascading post limit to 3 hours
- Reduced number of permissions requested on Facebook registration
- Updated nationality lists to current UN standard (and removed sensitive terms on disputed territories - we do our best to remain fully impartial on such issues while complying with UN standards).
- Upgrade web systems to PHP 7 and revised all scripts for compatibility
- Updated Facebook API version used
- Forum thread titles are now more limited in length to avoid lengthy titles
31 Mar 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebDriversStaffAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)
- Added new swipe menu (access the menu by swiping from the left of the screen to the right, and to close it swipe in the opposite direction)
- Added more high level drivers and staff to transfers page
- Added new international language forums
- Added new methods to prevent account conflicts when jumping between multiple accounts during one session
- Added moderator and admin post styling to the forum and improved colours
- Added new Facebook Invite button to live builds from version 2.6+
- Doubled resolution of flag icons for retina screens
- Fixed iPhone Notch on display covering header
- Fixed bug with league edit page not recognising existing language setting of league
- Fixed bug with league edits not saving
- Fixed bug with livery editor button not working.
- Fixed comment editing not working.
- Fixed process for updating race days when changing race start times - it was previously putting races on the same day.
- Fixed web-browser based purchases specifically, of the 'Investment Pack', not awarding cash along with Tokens
- Hotfix for dialogs with iPhone X notch.
- Hotfix to Polish translation.
- Hotfixes to Greek and Spanish translations.
- Hotfixes to forum labels and reduced font size.
- Improved forum to auto-lock threads older than 6 weeks
- Improved Rewarded Ads integration
- Improved menu behaviour to show automatically after login on wide screens
- Improved forum icons.
- Improved loader animation
- Improvements to forum
- Optimisations to system performance behind the service
- New WYSIWYG editor now fully integrated and all old functionality ported (edit posts, quote, delete posts, etc.).
- Removed supplier bonuses from research dialog.
- Various hotfixes to translations.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
13 Mar 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSService 09 Mar 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSRace viewerService
- Fixed loading errors on some devices.
- Fixed some problems with the new video advertisement system.
- Improved camera stabilisation and zoom response during race events.
28 Feb 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebDriversStaffAccountUI / UX
This month saw a huge update for caching and optimisation to accelerate performance of the game on all platforms.
- Greatly improved utilisation of caching and optimisation techniques across all systems
- Added current user to first page of Hall of Fame so they can compare with top players
- Added investment pack deal to Tokens dialog
- Added loading animation when launching rewarded video ads to make it clearer when it is loading
- Changed league links on league select page to point to standings for player tier
- Fixed bug with incorrect currency symbols being cached on transfers page
- Fixed bug with liveries not showing sometimes
- Fixed transfer fee number not being visible on iPhone 4/5S on transfers (due to smaller screen width)
- Fixed image scaling on developer blogs to ensure they stay within article container
- Fixed name of recipients on sent mail tab.
- Fixed potential bug with profile photos - wasn't using Facebook photos in some cases potentially
- Hotfixes to drivers championships
- Improved clarity of league select page with tip indicating race days are shown in green.
- Improved desktop / web browser initialisation speed of app
- Improved efficiency across Forum
- Improved efficiency of Hall of Fame.
- Improved efficiency of cars and team page
- Improved efficiency of comments module
- Improved efficiency of new season generation
- Improved efficiency of loading user preferences for iGP
- Improved efficiency of profile dialog
- Improved efficiency of race result processing
- Improved efficiency of standings page, settings page, manager page, teams page, friends dialog, profile dialog
- Improved visibility of available leagues by extending host active period to 28 days from 3 days
- Improvement to Dutch translation.
- Improvements to Turkish translation.
- Increased rate at which historical financial data of teams is pruned to optimise the service further.
- Various hotfixes.
- Various minor efficiency improvements and bugfixes
- Web: Enabled entering league ID in address bar of browser on Standings page to view standings of any league
28 Feb 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSRace viewerCircuitsUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
- Added 8K high-definition race-circuit images.
- Added video adverts platform.
- Added an effect when cars goes under objects on race-circuit maps.
- Fixed chat not working after a race has finished.
- Improved engines, fuel and tyres with a wider variety of influences on car design and team finances.
- Improved stability and speed of interfaces and servers.
- Improved camera zoom in live races.
31 Jan 2018, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)
This month we continued to develop new and improved Support tools to enable the iGP support team to better assist users both more quickly and with greater ease. This took up a lot of development time without introducing any front-end changes, but we believe is worth it to improve your overall experience of iGP Manager.
- Added 'get assistance' button to start screen to make finding help and support easier
- Added new 'league' bbcode to the forum for sharing a league summary that updates real-time
- Improved icons for menu
- Efficiency improvements throughout the service (reduced loading times, increased stability)
- Fixed bugs with forum thread title editing
- Fixed display issues on iOS on some elements in dialogs/pages.
- Fixed HTML linebreak tags showing as text in manager bios.
- Hotfixes to loads of translations in several languages including Dutch, Italian, Indonesian, Spanish.
- Improved live race service stability at peak times when lots of races are running
- iOS: Improved scroll behaviour (added bounce effect) for various embedded scrollable elements like news
- Service announcements can now be placed on the home page by admins.
31 Dec 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebAccountNew feature(s)
This month we developed new and improved Support tools to enable the iGP support team to better assist users both more quickly and with greater ease. This took up a lot of development time without introducing any front-end changes, but we believe is worth it to improve your overall experience of iGP Manager.
- Added filter to league select page
- Added new 5 minute restriction on commenting after joining a league
- Prohibit players from commenting leagues they do not belong to (but exclude Admin and Moderators from this)
- Revisions to Polish translation.
- Improved CDN to utilise caching to increase performance and decrease loading times
30 Nov 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)Leagues
- Added polls to forum threads
- Fixed potential glitch that could cause duplicate season generation at the end of a season and beginning of a new one
- Fixed double design-resets at the end of a season (where all attributes could reset to 1)
- Fixed Rewarded Ads integration
- Fixed HTML injection exploits
- Fixed bugs with league host changes introduced in recent updates
- Fixed league select not showing leagues when there are errors with seasons
- Fixed old league host still being able to delete comments on league after transferring hosting
- Hotfix to 'Live' go-to-race button on the league schedule on the league page
- Improved parsing of race results for better service stability
- Improved efficiency of league and standings pages.
- Moderators granted new powers to make changes to leagues and to change manager names
- Disabled notification emails as this method of sending and recieving notifications is now an antiquated practice
31 Oct 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebDriversStaffAccountUI / UX
This month was spent refactoring and preparing much of the codebase for a series of major updates and fundamental changes to the systems underlying iGP Manager, due in upcoming updates.
- Added confirmation dialog to investments, parts and engines purchases to prevent accidental purchases
- Added cash bonuses for liking iGP Manager on Facebook and Twitter
- Fixed balance not updating after 'Buy now' transfers
- Fixed display bug on mobiles where confirmation tooltips may not be wide enough to display on buttons resulting in "..." showing on yes/no buttons instead of tick/cross symbols
- Fixed display of igpmanager.com on 4-inch mobile screens
- Fixed missing line in Polish translation.
- Fixed teams being included in races when they joined the league after the race start time - getting sponsorship money
- Fixed text wrapping on Twitter button.
- Improved French translation
- Improved layout of igpmanager.com landing page on all platforms.
- Improved spectate dialog to prevent races that are finishing from showing in the list
- Inverted order of push level in advanced strategy - was low to high now high to low.
- Removed the RSS version of the league news feed as it is not used anymore.
30 Sep 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerLivery editorUI / UXNew feature(s)Leagues
- Added 'Investment Pack' IAP
- Added auto-kick after 28 days of inactivity from leagues
- Added confirm dialog to buy now
- Added video ad playback error handling
- Added race cancellation when too few entrants are present in a given league (less than 2 teams taking part)
- Added automated detection and repair of errors with contracts and car assignments for teams
- Fixed a scenario for IAP failures
- Fixed hex code for colour '000000' not loading correctly in to livery editor.
- Fixed race time not updating on some devices, causing "in-race" status to be locked on
- Fixed season generation incorrectly leaving up to a week between seasons on non-daily league schedules
- Fixed tab alignment on dialogs on mobile portrait screens.
- Fixed video ads playback issue where users could not watch 10 ads per day, only 10 in the last 24 hours from the current moment in time - resulted in users only being able to view 2-3 ads at a time unless they'd watched them all in a row the day before.
- Heavy revisions to Romanian translation
- Improved GUI design with transparency and visual effects
- Improved IAP currency conversion throughout UI
- Improved auto-kick to only remove teams from the Rookie tier after initial launch feedback
- Improved league search for new accounts to only show leagues racing within 24 hours
- Improved performance on mobiles & tablets by reserving transparency effect for desktops only
- Improved styling and fixed various formatting errors on dialogs and pages
- Removed 10% cash balance deduction when changing leagues - penalty was deemed too harsh
- Removed option for public to opt-in to using beta versions of the live race viewer
- Updatred Race Viewer and Livery Editor translations
20 Sep 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSRace viewerLivery editorUI / UXNew feature(s)LeaguesService
- Added 3D car paint scheme editor.
- Added Auto-kick: Inactive players are now automatically removed from leagues to increase activity.
- Added translations: Polish (Polski), Hungarian (Magyar), Greek (Ελληνικά) and Romanian (Limba Română).
- Fixed the service in version Android 8.0.0 .
- Improved interface on tablets: automatically highlights selected car and the timing panel can be resized.
- Improved camera animations.
- Improvements to service network and application stability.
31 Aug 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebDriversStaffUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
- Added sorting by headings to transfers
- Added Hungarian translation
- Added Polish translation
- Added error codes to Livery Editor
- Added new 'sticky' property to dialogs to prevent them from being closed easily for things which need to be kept open like livery editor
- Added new favicon with reduced footprint on network.
- Fixed bug on HQ page where tooltips wouldn't show over buildings
- Fixed bug on Training page where tokens amount would not be visible on Heal button
- Fixed bug on cars page in Romanian (incorrectly named placeholders)
- Fixed bug where finances page 'today' was not synced correctly to user timezone
- Fixed bug where maxed level XP would break reputation calculations
- Fixed bug with leaving leagues.
- Fixed colour picker not disappearing and replaced old implementation with a better solution, to eliminate potential for repeat occurences
- Fixed day names being displayed in English only on weather Forecast dialog
- Improved efficiency of back-end services by identifying and addressing some bottlenecks
- Revisions to Hungarian translation
31 Jul 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebLivery editorDriversStaffUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
- Added new WebGL livery editor for testing by beta testers
- Added polls to leagues above comments - only participants in the league may vote
- Added strike bbcode to forum
- Fixed numerous errors in various files.
- Improved UI alerts/notifications reliability across sessions and accounts by wiping/resetting them on every launch and logout/login
- Improved transfers to show more 5 star options
- Revisions to several translations
30 Jun 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebLivery editorAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)Leagues
This month saw a major efficiency update to cope with the scaling of the service as demand after the app launch in March far exceeded our expectations.
- Added new offers system including for Facebook and Twitter follow
- Added a new investment package deal for the shop
- Fixed glitch whereby leagues without a start date specified were starting in a week rather than on the first available day.
- Fixed default race time to 19:00 instead of midnight (should never have been the case)
- Fixed date / time picker elements creating a huge scrollable area below the page content.
- Improved efficiency of data storage/access
- Improved efficiency of spectate dialog to load the list of races in chunks of 10 at a time instead of the entire list at once - as the service rapidly grows this is no longer sustainable
- Improved league info dialog to show when user was last online as "x hours ago" or "x days ago" instead of a date time string
- Improved reliability and efficiency of all race postpone and calendar generation functions
- Re-organised structure of liveries for livery editor
- Changed login session life to avoid unwanted logouts
- Various fixes to translations
31 May 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace simulationAccountUI / UXService
- Added password recovery link to start page
- Added Greek and Romanian translations
- Added automatic pruning of obsolete content such as unpopular staff (without teams for 30 days or more), inactive leagues and more
- Added tip to scroll horizontally and new scrollbars on sponsors to make it clear there are more options
- Added visual animation to Tokens and Balance changes (+ flashes green if increasing and red if decreasing)
- Fix attempted for drivers not showing up in the race on rare occasions for some teams.
- Fixed 'Traffic Jam' achievement.
- Fixed HQ showing "Available at level X" for buildings below the manager's current level while another HQ building is being upgraded
- Fixed drivers and staff being generated with 0 level skills
- Fixed league standings showing the wrong team under a driver when changing teams mid-season under some conditions
- Fixed user being able to enter more text than allowed in to biography.
- Hotfix to profile dialog
- Improved behaviour of sponsor and supplier signing to close the dialog which would formerly sit there obscuring the page after changing.
- Improved clarity of search by listing host name with leagues, manager with teams and team with drivers & staff
- Improved efficiency of live race service at peak times to reduce server load and improve performance across the service
- Improved layout of current weather conditions that accompany the 'Try setup' button - created more space for all translations
- Improvement to French translation.
- Changed transfers to only generate drivers under the age of 25 since those aged 30+ get far less bidding activity. Managers can still sell drivers aged 30+.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
07 May 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSUI / UXService
- Added translations: Finnish, Indonesian, Turkish.
- Improved server and interface stability.
- Improved support for low-end devices.
30 Apr 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerDriversStaffCircuitsAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)LeaguesService
- Added new start page and login process for clearer options including new "skip" signup/login option which creates a device-only / guest account
- Added 30-day pruning of financial data.
- Added Finnish translation
- Added Indonesian translation first draft.
- Added Turkish translation first version.
- Added support for Russian (Cyrillic) characters and non-latin character-sets
- Added language flag to news on home page for clarity
- Added league language flags to league select page.
- Added native language support for race reports (overrides league language setting) - managers were getting mail in other languages effectively
- Added device-only / guest account prompts to add an email and password for cross-device account login and recovery
- Added ability to launch links in the external OS browser from the app
- Added option to toggle foreign language leagues on league select
- Added scroll locking to menu to prevent page scrolling with it
- Changed nationality of Cosurworthit engines to GB.
- Completed ability to link Facebook accounts to existing accounts in-app
- Fix attempted to catch races that don't run due to service restarts etc
- Fixed HQ not showing "Available at level X" when construction projects ongoing
- Fixed bug where you could buy a driver as a free agent during knockout rounds.
- Fixed column headings on circuit history (wrong language lines)
- Fixed forum search (broke after recent pagination tweaks).
- Fixed one of the 'Go to race' buttons launching the WebGL viewer from the app.
- Fixed images not showing from CDN on research dialog.
- Fixed language in header on web checkout screens.
- Fixed leagues count on Team and Manager pages.
- Fixed localised IAP pricing.
- Fixed missing line from translation on public website
- Fixed news not showing UTF-8 characters
- Fixed non-translated text on Forecast dialog and added translation for each language.
- Fixed race lap-by-lap data not inserting occasionally
- Fixed social media images in footer from CDN
- Fixed tooltip glitch on Fuel Economy on 'Design' dialog
- Hotfies to Turkish translation
- Hotfix to driver images not showing up in viewer.
- Hotfix to issue with training.
- Hotfix to wipe notifications for guest accounts once an email is added.
- Improved various performance issues related to scaling due to higher than expected demand for iGP Manager
- Improved HoF images to remove "popup" effect on load
- Improved efficiency of checks to see whether a race has finished
- Improved account recovery process
- Improved behaviour of transfers during knockout rounds - drivers/staff with bids stay visible throughout
- Improved clarity of signup options and prevented auto-focus on login form which had the unintended effect of obscuring alternatives to Facebook registration
- Improved display of language selection on public website to include flags and work on mobiles
- Improved league selection to show leagues set to use the same language as the current player by default
- Improved mail for league settings changes - now sent in native language rather than league language
- Improved visibility of "Available at level X" text on HQ.
- Increased top Tokens package to 1030 Tokens
- Improved language selection list by re-ordering it and putting common languages at the top for ease of access
- Revisions to Finnish translation.
- Revisions to French translation.
- Revisions to Indonesian translation
- Revisions to Turkish translation
- Revisions to Portuguese (Brazil) translation.
- Updated engines quantities for sale in Shop.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
04 Apr 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSUI / UXNew feature(s)
- First public release beta phase.
- Added device sign in option (login without email or Facebook).
- Added localised pricing (see items in your local currency).
- Various GUI fixes and improvements.
31 Mar 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebRace viewerRace simulationLivery editorDriversStaffCircuitsAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)LeaguesService
- Added new transfers feature: drivers and staff with bids now go to top of list and get highlighted for easy tracking of bids
- Added translation support to public web game (until now iGP Manager was only available in English)
- Added Italian translation
- Added Dutch translation.
- Added French translation
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation - first draft
- Added Russian translation - first draft
- Added new translations to public / PR website & option to select a language on home page
- Added Rewarded Ads integration
- Added 'Coming soon' notice / tooltip to livery editor in apps - WebGL version is online at igpmanager.com
- Added language flag for 'News' RSS feeds
- Added language selection to signup/team creation process and tidied display on mobiles
- Added loading animation when changing scenes - to ensure that there is always visual feedback of a response on slow-to-respond devices.
- Added option to use save button in header on team create page in case software keyboard is covering 'Create team' button in-app.
- Added new popup window handling within app for links which launch popups on web.
- Added preliminary in-app Facebook login and signup integration
- Added several graphical updates in preparation for live launch of mobile apps.
- Added ability for guests to change language before signing in or creating an account
- Drivers & Staff now get removed from the transfers list when a 'Buy now' offer is placed on them (if the manager is present in that auction or places the 'Buy now' offer).
- Finished IAPs for iOS in preparation for launch.
- Fixed bug which seemed to occur when service was "hanging" recently (slow to respond)
- Fixed click sounds playing on iOS and Android when scrolling down page (touching/dragging clickable elements triggered click sounds)
- Fixed column widths on several tables not being wide enough to show values on mobile portrait
- Fixed issue in Safari / iOS where creating or editing a team would not show the current logo on the team logo picker
- Fixed issue where next race daily limit time check didn't allow exceptions for leagues moving next race times to earlier slots.
- Fixed issue with leagues sometimes not saving passwords correctly
- Fixed language select on home page on portable devices redirecting when clicked
- Fixed 'League' page 'Go to race' link from launching the WebGL viewer via the app
- Fixed loading spinner not showing above dialogs
- Fixed music not stopping when turned off via web
- Fixed numerous formatting errors in mails throughout the game, particularly relating to league changes
- Fixed profile picture uploads
- Fixed text formatting issue on postpone dialog
- Fixed tooltips in apps and mobile browsers (iOS & Android)
- Fixes for various mobile displays.
- Changed default live race 'Viewer Quality' setting of 'Medium' to eliminate a number of performance issues experienced by new players.
- Hotfix to French welcome tutorial.
- Hotfix to friend add/delete not reloading content.
- Hotfix to Brazilian Portuguese settings page.
- Hotfixes to redirects throughout game.
- Improved HQ background image (addressing ugly compression and shading on car park tarmac)
- Improved animation speed of colourpicker.
- Improved language selection to show each language name written natively and not translated, to reduce the likelihood of becoming stuck on a foreign language.
- Improved behaviour for default language detection.
- Improved display of test setup button to account for lengthier translations
- Improved friends list to only display 10 friends at a time and dynamically load them in while scrolling.
- Improved icons on race preparation tooltip to prevent shortcut buttons overlapping with tooltip or going off screen.
- Improved page transitions to close all dialogs to avoid confusion in the apps where they cover the page.
- Improvements to SFX to avoid using HTML audio to level volume
- Increased security on Facebook login to prevent false positives when cancelling a login.
- Reduced memory allocation for viewers back to normal.
- Revised lowest token pack to £0.99 for 6 tokens (was £1.49 for 10)
- Temporarily increased memory allocation for WebGL viewer
- Temporarily set all users to use default profile picture to avoid memory leak issue in race viewer
- Updated launch dates on website.
- Updated methods used to play web audio.
- Upgraded web to PHP 5.6.25 and made entire codebase compatible
- Various fixes to Safari display issues and rendering problems
- Vast improvements to all translations added this month.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
28 Feb 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebLivery editorDriversStaffAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
- Added new visual HQ with hundreds of visual HQ upgrades and 64 million possible HQ combinations
- Added new race review dialog with new number increment animations
- Added preliminary Spanish translation
- Added boffin achievement unlock button to rules & regulations
- Added help page documentation
- Added language translation capabilities for WebGL livery editor
- Added mail flood filter and daily limit of 50 mails sent per day.
- Added new lightweight mobile-friendly color picker to team creation process
- Added option to reset tutorials / see them again via new help page.
- Added real-time countdown on construction projects to HQ page
- Added tips on all driver attributes for improved clarity
- Fixed HQ actions being available while under construction (youth scout, upgrade technology)
- Fixed Transfers page table columns not showing full values on mobiles
- Fixed glitch where menu would stop sliding out after a menu button press on mobiles and tablets following a login or account switch.
- Fixed issue with race lock on GUI elements not working when loading/reloading web app during a race.
- Fixed managers being able to switch suppliers during a live race
- Fixed several audio issues with mobile & browser implementation
- Fixed tokens being awarded when accelerating HQ builds if for any reason a rare error occurred and build became overdue (and a negative build time remained)
- Fixed typos in help documentation
- Fixed word wrapping on menu in some translations.
- Forced default 'Medium' push levels on practice laps.
- Hotfies to new color picker - should now work in iOS and Safari.
- Hotfix to issue with shop images
- Hotfix to language elements on driver dialog.
- Hotfix to tooltip positioning issues in various browsers
- Improved default team colour to random selection to avoid grids of grey cars when grey was default.
- Improved Achievements to have help cursor revealing tooltips
- Improved HQ images on mobiles to optimise for 3G and 4G connections
- Improved Parts and Engines images for better clarity in shop and purchase dialog.
- Improved UTF-8 support throughout the game
- Improved clarity of levels in HQ with star ratings
- Improved next season car design CD strength and weakness impact - weakness now results in smaller gains rather than no gains, while strength has lessened impact to balance out design points.
- Improved tooltip behaviour to be destroyed when menu is toggled, preventing overlapping tooltips from page and logout confirmation remaining after menu is gone.
- Increased HQ upgrade cost by 5% per level.
- Optimised HQ to only refresh page if necessary - previously carried out refresh even after a failed action
- Raised default mechanic pit crew level to reduce error rate and random events during pit stops in races.
- Updated language on some tutorials and tips to reflect manager level now being a 'soft' rather than a 'hard' cap.
- Various language fixes / tweaks.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
31 Jan 2017, 00:00 AndroidiOSWebDriversStaffAccountUI / UXNew feature(s)Service
- Added new custom research choices - pick the areas your team researches.
- Added new 'Units' tab to 'Settings' page which allows customizing units for currency, speed, height, weight and more throughout iGP Manager.
- Added new ballast system for teams which exceed tier level cap. Also uncapped team levels beyond the tier limit, now that the ballast system will restrict performace above the level cap.
- Added driver and staff career retirements
- Added ballast icon to result dialog and practice dialog.
- Added better handling of sockets on driver and staff transfer auctions
- Added full interface reset when switching accounts (wiping go to race buttons, notifications etc.)
- Added new "Invalid request or content not found" notice when requesting non-existant content IDs for things such as managers
- Added notifications to research when selecting an area where gains are not expected
- Added option to set standing water depth when fitting rain tyres and number of laps after rain stops to fit dry tyres
- Added parts storage capacity to Manufacturing HQ
- Added removing of Save button in header when closing a dialog that utilises it
- Fixed 'Try setup' button misalignment on iOS devices and in the Safari browser
- Fixed "Car on track..." message not showing when trying a setup
- Fixed address bar link to driver or staff opened from Transfers being corrupted by changing tabs.
- Fixed bug where training preferences would not save.
- Fixed click sfx not switching off after preference is set to off.
- Fixed close button touching sides of "Auction" and "Sell now" on "Sell" driver or staff option."
- Fixed confirm dialogs appearing on hover on PC
- Fixed glitch where notificatin icons for all drivers or staff with expiring contracts would be removed by clicking on any one of them
- Fixed glitch which prevented research gains being applied when they were over 50%.
- Fixed manager page showing negative XP to next level when max level reached.
- Fixed manager profile potentially showing reserve staff in place of active staff.
- Fixed notifications remaining when changing accounts.
- Fixed retired drivers and staff showing in the transfer market.
- Fixed staff dialog showing incorrect strength and weakness for Tyre economy and Reliability.
- Fixed team page sometimes showing reserve staff in roles on overview tab.
- Fixed weather returning erroneous temperature levels after a test lap
- Improved (rewrote much of) tooltip functions to address several problems on narrow mobile resolutions and to increase accuracy of arrow pointing to source of tooltip
- Improved Transfers page to always guarantee a minimum number of highly skilled drivers and staff of each type
- Improved clarity of notifications that an 'Ideal setup' will be used for the race after it is purchased
- Improved implementation and balance of Parts and Manufacturing HQ.
- Improved language for driver suggestions on strategy tab when preparing for next race.
- Improved practice dialog to have clickable driver names
- Improved results table to have hover effects on individual cells which are clickable and removed bar chart icon on results field which was intended to indicate clickable content
- Various other fixes and improvements.